1 MARK QUESTION
- Name the ‘Pricing Policy’ adopted by an Entrepreneur in which maximum price is determined by the ability of the customer to pay.(2012)
2 MARKS QUESTION
- State any two points of importance of ‘Goal setting’.(2015)
- With it’s help the consumers are able to identify the products of a firm and are also able to differentiate them from those of the competitors. Identify the concept and state it’s components.(2015).
- State any two rules for ‘Goal setting’.(2015)
- In U.K., they are called ‘end lines’, ‘endlines’ or ‘straplines’. Germans call them as ‘claims’, French refer them as ‘signatures’, while Belgians call them ‘base lines’.
Identify the concept and name its forms. (2015)
3 MARKS QUESTION
- Designing an advertisement is an important activity. State the issues that should be addressed while designing it. Also discuss how advertisement empowers the customers.(2012)
- State the reasons why customers prefer enterprises with an after sales service.(2009)
- State by giving any three points, ‘how does branding help an entrepreneur’ .(2012)
- Name and explain the method of pricing in which price of a product is fixed consciously at a low level with minimal margin of profit.(2011)
- State the advantages of ‘Good Negotiations’.(2015)
- ‘Pure Neer India Ltd’ is the manufacturers of water purifiers. The company has developed a new water purifier that not only converts the hard water into soft water but also kills the bacteria and other harmful micro organisms present in it. The company has named this water purifier as ‘Nirmal Neer’ and for its marketing, appointed salesmen throughout the country. The company also trained the salesmen to provide information about the usefulness of the ‘Nirmal Neer’ water purifiers to the customers and motivate them to buy the same.
- Name and explain the type of promotion strategy adopted by the company
- Also identify the channel of distribution used by the company. (2015)
7. State the advantages of ‘Cost Plus’ method of pricing. (2015)
4 MARKS QUESTION
- Distinguish between the Cost plus pricing method vs. Variable pricing method(2009)
6 MARKS QUESTION
- Himanshi is a small entrepreneur involved in the manufacturing of coolers. She findsthat the total cost of production of one unit of cooler is Rs. 3,000. She decided to have a margin of 12% as profit. Determine the sale price of a cooler. Name andexplain the method of pricing she has followed. Explain one more method of pricing,specifying its distinguishing features.(2008)
- Raghav after doing his B.Pharma degree from a reputed government college started two chemist shops in two different localities of his home town. Encouraged with the success of these shops, he started six more shops in different cities of the State. His strategy was to cut price, focus on lower and middle class patients and open shops near hospitals. He operated on very thin margins. But he was not able to maintain sufficient funds to meet the day to day expenses of the business. The staff of the shops did not give much attention to the customers and there was very poor system of control. Because of this mismanagement he started incurring huge losses and his business failed.Based on the above para identify and explain any four causes of business failure of Raghav. (2015)
- Satnam an IIT-IIM candidate started three chemist shops at Amritsar, Patiala and Chandigarh in the name of ‘Quality Medicines’. Encouraged with the success of these shops satnam opened 50 more shops in various parts of Punjab. His strategy was to cut price, focus on lower and middle class patients and open shops near hospitals. He operated on very thin margins. But he was not able to maintain sufficient funds to meet the day to day expenses of the business. The staff of the shops did not give much attention to the customers and there was very poor system of control. Because of this mismanagement he started incurring huge losses and his business failed.
Based on the above para identify and explain any four causes of business failure of Satnam. (2015)