1 MARK QUESTION
1. Name the process of changing raw material into finished products with value addition.(2010)
2. What is meant by ‘Operational Level Planning’ ?(2008)
3. Distinguish between ‘sales tax’ and ‘excise duty’.(2015)
4. What is meant by ‘Employment’?(2015)
5.List any two categories of persons that are required to obtain registration from ‘Central Excise Department’. (2015)
6.Distinguish between ‘Joint stock company ’and a ‘Joint Hindu Family’ on the basis of liability of members.(2015)
2 MARKS QUESTION
1. Give the meaning of ‘Routing’ and ‘scheduling ’ as elements of operational plan.(2015)
2.Gaurav started a factory for manufacturing bags for students of nursery and primary classes. He invested Rs.2,00,000 of his own and obtained a loan of Rs.10,00,000 from Bank. He made the instruction plan describing thedetails that were needed for the operation of machines by the workers. Identify and explain the format of ‘business plan’ described in the above para.(2015)
3. Name and define the form of business organisation in which liability of its members is limited. State one more feature of this form of business organisation.(2015)
4. Give the meaning of ‘Business situation analysis’ and ‘Identification of the target market’ as steps in preparing the marketing plan.(2015)
5. Rahul wants to start a small shoe manufacturing factory. As a part of his business plan he prepared an entertaining slide show and oral narrative’ that was meant to trigger discussion and create interest in potential investors for reading the written presentation.
Identify and explain the format of ‘business plan’ described in the above para.(2015)
6. Ashok is engaged in the production of readymade garments using cotton cloth. Identify the business activity in which Ashok is involved. Also name and define the utility created by Ashok.(2015)
3 MARKS QUESTION
1. List any six factors that should be kept in mind by any manufacturing enterprise asa part of its ‘Production Plan’,(2010)
2. After passing his 12th class with entrepreneurship as an elective subject ‘Guru’ started his own business. He invested Rs.2,00,000 as capital which was given to him by his father. He obtained a loan of Rs.1,00,000 from his elder brother Ravi, who was working as an assistant manager in Bank of Baroda. In the first year he incurred a loss of Rs.50,000 and had to pay to his suppliers their outstanding bills. This created a financial problem for him and he had to take a loan of Rs. 1,00,000 from the Bank of Baroda on the personal guarantee of his brother. He started doing hard work, lowered the prices and informed his customers about the qualities of goods sold by him. Because of this the sales increased four times and he earned a net profit of Rs.75,000 in the second year.
(a) Identify the form of business organisation started by ‘Guru’.
(b) State any five features of such a form of business organisation.(2015)
3. Karim after completing his XII exam from his village school joined the course of electrician in an ITI in a town near his village. On completion of this course he tried for a government job but could not get the same. He, therefore decided to help as an worker to a renowned electrician in that area. After working with him for two years he decided to start his own electrician shop in the village. For this he purchased equipment for Rs.10,000 and hired a shop at a monthly rent of Rs.2000. He decided to manage the shop by himself.
(a)Identify the form of business organisation started by ‘Karim’.
(b)State any four characteristics of such a form of business organisation.(2015)
4 MARKS QUESTION
1. After doing her M.Com from ‘Himachal Pradesh University of Shimla’, Komal went back to her village in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. She wanted to contribute for the development of women of her village, so she formed an organisation, the membership of which was open for all the women villagers on a voluntary basis by paying Rs.500 only which will be treated as their capital. Komal knew that the land of her village was suitable for the farming of medicinal plants. So she motivated the members of her organisation for growing medicinal plants in their fields under the guidance and help of the local agricultural department. It was also decided that the organisation will purchase the produce of each member and sell the same to drug manufacturing companies at a very good price which was not possible for the members individually. The main objective of the organisation is to render services to its members rather than to earn profit.
A computer training center for young boys and girls of the village was started under the guidance of Komal from the surplus of the profits.
(a) Name the process that helped Komal in developing an idea into an opportunity
(b) Identify the kind of organisation that was formed by Komal
(c) State any two values which komal wanted to communicate to the society.(EVM /UNIT1&2 )(2015)
2. Lalitha Devi did her post graduation from Manipur University, Imphal. She had offers to join in reputed firms in metropolitan cities like Delhi and Mumbai. Instead of joining any of these firms she decided to do some creative work in Imphal. She observed that a special type of chilli is grown by the farmers in most of the villages in Imphal. This chilli has a distinct flavour and pickle made from this chilli has a taste which may be liked by people from the rest of the country. But the farmers were neither trained for this kind of farming of this kind of chilli on a large scale nor was there a secured market for their produce. Lalithadevi met 18 like minded women of the area and formed an organisation for doing the business of pickle manufacturing. Each of them contributed Rs.2,00,000 towards its capital and were equally responsible for its management. On one hand they assured the farmers to purchase their chilli and on the other hand, the organisation with the help of local agriculture department arranged for the training of the farmers. They also employed 10 local unemployed graduate girls for doing the various operations of pickle making.
(a)Name the process that helped Lalitha Devi in converting an idea into an opportunity
(b)Identify the kind of organisation that was formed by Lalitha Devi.
(c)State any two values which Lalitha wanted to communicate to the society.
(EVM /UNIT1&2 )(2015)